AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AWS connector under Armrest - Hagie STS-12
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/20/2023 14:26 (#10533460 - in reply to #10533410)
Subject: PWM settings

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Thanks for the reply and the suggested Zero flow offset and Standby settings. This will be my first experience with owning something with PWM control. The flow control delay is another good idea that I had forgotten about. I have used it with NH3 where the initial rush when starting to apply after turning around causes the system to overreact since the system has "bled down" while turning around.

Generally speaking it would be better to over apply initially until things stablize rather than to under apply initially. This might not be true for all products but would be the case for the products we use.

We are in the habit of cycling the Master at every end anyway even with auto swath. Many of our fields do not have boundaries and I found out several years ago, that when I turned around the outer section sometimes extended out past the headland which put it over the next field or driveway etc. I didn't realize that the outer boom section was coming back ON for a bit and then going back OFF as the end section again returned over the Headland which had been sprayed. Due to this, we always allow auto swath to shut off all the sections and then hit the Master OFF. When we get aligned with the next pass and the entire boom is back over the Headland which has been sprayed, we click the Master back ON and then auto swath turns the booms back ON as it sees fit. This prevents surprises such as happened over my brother's driveway. Roundup still works on the grass along the driveway as several small arcs were killed where the outer tip of the boom sprayed along his driveway as I turned.

It would seem to me that the Gain setting would be adjusted by trial & error and could be different depending on the product, rate, tips and operator's driving habits. We would want the system to "keep up" as we increased the ground speed but not change too fast as to overshoot. I agree with your suggestion of starting out with a fairly low gain and increasing the value if we feel the the response is correct but a bit slow..

Edited by tedbear 12/24/2023 07:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)