AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Steering Icon on Ag Leader InCommand 1200 with Hagie AWS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/17/2023 11:13 (#10528361)
Subject: Steering Icon on Ag Leader InCommand 1200 with Hagie AWS

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I recently traded my 2006 Hagie STS-10 for a 2010 Hagie STS-12. When I purchased the STS-10 it came with an Ag Leader Liquid Product Control module and Auxiliary Input module and wiring so I was able to install one of my InCommand 1200's in it very easily and it worked fine.

As part of this trade, I kept the Liquid Product module, Auxiliary Input module and wiring to install in the newer Hagie. I have been playing around on the bench today before I try the installation to confirm that my old wiring harnesses can be reused with the newer Hagie. This was also to confirm my thinking of how the Ag Leader harness and modules interact with the Hagie wiring. I created a configuration and notice that one of the setup questions asked about All Wheel Steer which this STS-12 does have so I checked that box.

I connected the wiring harness to 12V from a power supply and turned on the InCommand. The screens appeared as I expected. I did notice on the InCommand screen that in the lower right corner there is the usual Master switch status indicator and to the left of it the auto swath icon but also to the left is an icon of a stick sprayer with the wheels turned. This appears to be a soft switch as the tire color changes from gray to green when I push the icon. It returns to gray when I push it again so it behaves like a soft switch. I here the usual "click" when I push it. I'm not familiar with the All Wheel Steer since the Hagie STS-10 did not have that feature. What is the purpose of this icon/switch?

I created another configuration but did not check the AWS box. The stick icon is not present on the screen with this configuration so checking the box makes the difference of whether the stick sprayer is shown or not but what is its purpose?

l was successful in simulating the Master and Section switches that become inputs to the Auxiliary Input module and the diagnostic screen and run screens seem to confirm this. Hagie changed the order of the pins in the CHI-4 connector so I removed those I didn't need as I had to move the Joystick Master sense pin to a new location. It seems to satisfy my limited testing that I am able to do on the bench.

I will also need to make a pump switch so I can break the PWM line so the operator can stop the pump when necessary such as an empty tank.

Edited by tedbear 12/17/2023 16:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)