AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

USDA investigation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

5250JB
Posted 2/1/2010 14:47 (#1052749 - in reply to #1052710)
Subject: Re: USDA investigation

Jerseyville,IL

Ok I don't understand Econ well but you stated above that the USDA reports were

below is your statement

I guess I could be called a displaced Ks corn farmer. My parents both are still farming but the acreage won't support any more people at this time so I just spend a month or so a year helping out. I am highly involved in Colorado politics and we have lots of friends here who farm. The USDA reported around 35 million bushels of exports when the actual is something like 1.275 million. I don't have any newspaper articles yet as the bill is only just now being introduced. We are working on getting similar legislation to Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, and New Mexico. I don't know anyone in Nebraska or the other corn states to help us with that fight.

That Would read like 33.725 million bushels over reported exports. If in reality I question it to start with that you could hoodwink the world to the tune of
35million bushels .

Did you mean 1.275 Billion bushel instead of million then it goes the other way and prices should raise.
I can see where greater exports generating higher prices .

Or did the USDA under report by 1.275million so the number would be 36.275 million?
So maybe I missed something in your earlier post

Please explain because I would question any report by the USDA since 08 is in question by me.

JB

kscornfarmer - 2/1/2010 13:19

You guys obviously don't understand economics well. I said very clearly the USDA reported the exports low. Low exports equal low prices. We want HIGH prices. I also said very clearly that the legislation was just drafted this weekend. Legislation needs to be introduced to be on the state website. I can't post a link to something that doesn't exist yet. I can post a video of the hearings on youtube as soon as they are available. Say what you want about Cliff but he has been more correct about foreign crop growth than anyone. He talks to the USDA on a daily basis and they tell him things. I suppose a climatologist with this info would be able to testify the same as anyone else with it.

Edited by 5250JB 2/1/2010 14:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)