AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The US Budget in a Growing economy!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 2/1/2010 14:41 (#1052737 - in reply to #1052687)
Subject: You nailed it!!

How is the US going to fund its budget deficits? How is it going to fund the short maturities coming due? All in view that Japan, China, europe, south america, will be reducing their purchases. Do you think that a robust economy can eventually generate enough tax income? I believe we are going to have a funding crises. And the Fed will be forced to do QE massively! Their by causing big inflation and eventually a collapse.

I'd say you've said it about as well as anyone... The answer is that we can't continue running $1.5 Trillion dollar deficits... or what you describe WILL OCCUR.

This administration has been saying.. as have I.. that we've needed to prime the pump to restart the engines.. boom.. 5.7% growth.. Mission Accomplished. 

NOW we have to get this puppy on the ground.. before we run out of altitude... even with the engines back on we can't lift $1.5 trillion dollar deficits going forward.. it will crowd out all Private investment funds and the only thing that will get spent is by government decree.

The whole talk about let no crisis go to waste is to re-invent the wheel... or something.

The justifiable argument about the last bubble was that Government over-stimulated too much coming out of the 01 Recession.. and inflated real estate.. which.. uhum.. appears to be true.

They want growth.. by the government's own admission WE NOW HAVE IT!!  Now the next step is to align sustainable government revenues of about $2.5+ Trillion dollars with Spending...  I know it's confusing with a lot of noise... but like the point in one of my favorite movies..  Apollo 13.. where they have just manually done a course correction in order to hit their target... Earth.

"Wow.. glad that's over.. hope they don't make us do that again...planet is starting to get pretty big in the window." 

"That's good enough...(you'll going to come DOWN now SOMEwhere...) NOW let's start working on getting enough juice to kick out those parachutes.. in a short amount of time.. you are GOING TO NEED THEM!"

That's where we are imho.. we're going to hit our target.. now let's start focusing on making a survivable soft landing vs burning in...  "Roger that."

The Economy is growing.. the engines are re-started.  FIX THE DEFICIT!!  We've got a $1.5 Trillion dollar gap to fill.. and we are running out of time to do it...

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)