AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Missing Components to Control Tile Plow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Rslohs
Posted 12/14/2023 11:43 (#10524158 - in reply to #10524109)
Subject: RE: Missing Components to Control Tile Plow

SW MI
Thanks for all the feedback and thoughtful response. Currently don't use the existing 7500 for steering but may in the future. My plans to get started was to use the lightbar on the 7500 and maybe upgrade to Steadysteer or something similar in the future. This is our only InCommand and 7500 so it does bounce from spreading tractor, to planter, to combine.

Good to know on the compatible bases. I was wondering if a 2500 RTK could be an option and glad to know it is. I can keep on the lookout for any of these on auction. I don't know much about the Deere RTK products, is there a reason the 3000s are selling so cheap right now? I know the ITCs were sort of phased out (as I remember the conversations on here) but I really have no idea how long the 3000 units have been around.

I've heard of DigiFarm for corrections on horizontal work (above ground) but didn't know it could have been used for vertical (tiling) work too. What sort of variation do you see going that route, and what is the annual cost? Seems like if accuracy is there and price reasonable this may be a good way for me to get started.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)