AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble nav III steering Deere 8R newer than 2019
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/13/2023 16:04 (#10522971 - in reply to #10522764)
Subject: RE: Trimble nav III steering Deere 8R newer than 2019

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Sounds reasonable to me since that was the procedure for my older 8310R. I purchased the tractor new with the agreement that it would be leased out to a local vegetable processor for pea harvest. Then it would be returned to the dealer, cleaned up and I would take possession and ownership.

It turns out that a Trimble steering system had been installed during that time so the Third Party unlock to use a Trimble system with the tractor's CAN steering was necessary. The Trimble display, Nav etc. were removed when the tractor came off of lease and was returned to the Deere dealer.

At that point, it was cleaned up and I took ownership. Since I wanted to use an Ag Leader steering product with an Ag Leader display, a Third Party unlock for it was needed. It may have been the same or different than what was already in the tractor but the part number was different. This worked fine but I later traded that Ag Leader steering system toward an Ag Leader SteerCommand Z2. Fortunately I did not need anotherThird Party steering unlock as the one in the tractor is apparently acceptable. This works very well.

According to the above reply, this seems to be the same arrangement today with the newer "R" series.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)