AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

USDA investigation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

kscornfarmer
Posted 2/1/2010 03:43 (#1052095 - in reply to #1052081)
Subject: RE: USDA investigation

I'm not a lobbyist for anything. I'm just a very upset ex-farmer. My data comes from Climatologist Cliff Harris who deals extensively with the commercial buyers such as Cargil and ADM. The USDA reporting exports low 90% would not increase prices. Supply and Demand would say that a 90% decrease in foreign demand would lower prices. It wouldn't be 90% low due to domestic consumption but it would drop the percentage of exports to domestic consumption. I doubt you can find links to the data here because most of these things are said in private and any public release of the info would be in violation of antitrust laws. These things were said in a Congressional hearing. http://www.longrangeweather.com/ Some further things discussed in the hearing were AIG and Lehman brother's ownership of 12% of the corn crop and their selling all of it during a midnight trading session within 2 days of finding out they were going bankrupt. This lowered the corn market a dollar within a week. Why don't you all turn into some lobbyists and talk to your state legislatures and ask them to investigate these things.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)