AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

In Command 1200 min/flow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/5/2023 10:49 (#10511130 - in reply to #10511106)
Subject: RE: In Command 1200 min/flow

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
sunman - 12/5/2023 10:37

Next thing would be to try a lower zero flow...or open agitation more.

Zero flow setting....It's basically saying that it takes 30% of full hydraulic flow just to get the pump to turn. Maybe it doesn't take that much. When you shut off the master, it goes to standby. What pressure do you have when the master is off?

I would try reducing the zero flow offset. This should be the value where the pump is turning but not enough to produce flow. On a conveyor system, this is the value where the bed almost starts to turn. The idea is that by having a value where action almost starts that the system can respond better when actual application resumes. The system doesn't need to ramp up from a complete loss of flow and should get on rate quite quickly. If this value is set too high then this limit is preventing the valve from closing down as much as it needs to for low flow situations such as the need to drive slower than usual around obstacles etc.

Opening the agitation more could help also as part of the excess flow is "wasted" in a sense by running it back to the tank. A change in tip size may help the situation also.

Edited by tedbear 12/5/2023 10:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)