AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone bullish?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 1/31/2010 14:28 (#1050754 - in reply to #1049875)
Subject: Re: Anyone bullish?

North Central Illinois
Okay Rightone, tell us how you get the same amount of energy out of 50 lb corn as you do out of 58lb corn? I can't see where it would take 40% more but I certainly think 7% to 14% looks plausible. It doesn't seem like a big deal when we had good yields even though the corn was light in a lot of areas. When you stop and think about it though it could end up being pretty significant by summer. There looks to be millions of bushels of severely damaged corn as well. I think you pointed out in another thread that a lot of that will end up being blended with something else and fed. The point is though that animals are going to have to eat more of some of these rations to get the gains that we want. I think we are going to see livestock numbers level off and start to climb again too. It will be interesting. I'm still bearish but this thing needs to be monitored closely. Here we are in January and there are already large numbers of problems being reported with corn going out of condition. A lot of that same corn was light to begin with. It won't be good for much of anything if it spoils.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)