AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

educate me on pex...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MaineFarmer
Posted 11/30/2023 04:32 (#10503090 - in reply to #10502997)
Subject: RE: educate me on pex...

coast of Maine
I have always used the coils of PEX-B,not neat looking but I think of it like the wires they run in the attic,,it does not matter as when done its covered,those few odd bends will be hidden.The sticks of B are only a fraction more in cost but in long runs more fittings.PEx -A ,I have not used but the expanding tool is needed and its like mixing Dewalt with Milwaukee as far as no interchange from A to B or B to A,,adaptor yes but dumb as can be to have 2 PEX types in house/barn.I have seen some solar decay in PEX in a greenhouse but the old PVC would get brittle in there also,as well as nylon? fittings in old black poly.They have a cinch system for PEX-B,,I would only use the crimp rings as when on they are on.Copper was the hero of old days plumbing,,except for the once common lead solder used..chems from plastic and heavy metals from copper do get in your water,,but what are you going to do,,I chuckle when some wont drink from plastic bottles,,,when the vast majority of city water and home has the water delivered in plastic pipes...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)