AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

educate me on pex...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Round Prairie Farms
Posted 11/29/2023 19:48 (#10502714 - in reply to #10502651)
Subject: RE: educate me on pex...

Whitewater, WI
First, make sure to buy aqua pex, pex that says it is for potable water. Hepex is designed for boilers and will not work for potable water. It will say not for potable water on it. Without getting too far into the construction of the tubing I'll just say it will make your water taste funny. The rolls and straight lengths are the same stuff. The straight lengths just look better but you use more fittings. Like the other guy said, use lots of talons for supporting it. It can get wavy without it. You don't have to buy red or blue for hot and cold. Color doesn't matter. Don't buy the cheapest stuff on the shelf. Use a name brand like Uponor or Viega. They are different systems though. Uponor uses an poly expansion collar at the fittings while Viega uses a stainless crimp fitting. They're both equally as good. Plastic fittings are fine vs brass but again, name brand. The nice thing about it is it won't freeze. It just expands. However, it will crack the fittings. If you're worried about the quality or life of it, most plumbers will use pex on hot water recirculating lines vs copper because it lasts longer and copper will develop pin holes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)