AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag leader headlands setting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

farmerwalt
Posted 11/28/2023 14:34 (#10500872 - in reply to #10500457)
Subject: RE: Ag leader headlands setting

Clifton Kansas
I use it a lot. I have used it on most of our fields. It does a good job just not as actuate as the actual swath is. It works best with a good RTK boundaries and RTK at planting time. I wouldn't relay on it using wass only. Don't know about terrastar. Boundaries created with SMS from old none RTK data are not the best to use but they do work if you don't mind some overlap or small skips now and then.
I also use it as a shutoff if boundary isn't actuate when I do end rows first and then when you turn around it doesn't turn a section on when I don't have a implement switch like on a 3pt system. I usually set it at 1 1/2 width in that instance. That also helps for the gap created on curves between passes.
I used it a lot on planter that didn't have an implement switch. It stopped things (seed and fertilizer) at close to right time.
You do have to turn either headland or auto swath off to plant in that area.

If you have good guidance lines. You can also just plant the second pass of end rows then after done planting field come back and plant the outside pass. That helps with the marks left when turning.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)