AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Let’s talk removal rates
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NE Soil Builder
Posted 11/23/2023 11:37 (#10493631 - in reply to #10490113)
Subject: RE: Let’s talk removal rates

nebraska
4genfarmer - 11/20/2023 21:02

Humic acid frees up what is bound up by salts in the soils.

Our soils have been tying up nutrients for years and OM hasn’t been going up due to the infatuation with fungicide and chemicals.

Quit paying attention to the big chemical companies that are benefiting from higher application rates of chem, fertilizer, seed, and fungicides.

Humic acid WILL free up your soil to allow nutrients to be taken up by plants…Phos, calcium, potassium, magnesium….will lower your input expenses most of all. Healthier soils lead to healthier plants which will naturally fight disease.

Not all fungus is bad. How can you gain soil health while spraying fungicide twice and putting it in furrow?? It is not a coincidence that white mold, tar spot, etc are growing across the nation fast…..our soils are weak, our plants are weak due to the soils…..and disease preys on weakness.

Feel free to call me with questions 308-991-4578
I agree on everything you posted! I wish producers would pay attention to posts like these. I cannot get why farmers won’t STYUDY their soil tests, and learn what they tell them. And, get Haney tests, and SAP tests, along with PLFA. OVER USE OF SYNTHETIC fertilizers kill bacteria that is essential to converting FREE Nitrogen back into the soil. Do any producers know, that you can get FREE nitrogen from the atmosphere, IF the carbon-nitrogen cycle is working. Don’t believe this? Just start taking soil tests and ask. And, by the way, if someone tells you, you can’t build your OM? Tell them they are VERY wrong! It can be done quite easily.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)