AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

OUT OF THE BASEMENT
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 1/30/2010 13:22 (#1049294)
Subject: OUT OF THE BASEMENT

Broke away from my diet of biscuits and mustard and took the spouse to dinner with our long time retired hedge fund operator friend last night....he & wife just returned from a month in China to review ag opportunities & visit with some family & many friends over there....A year or so ago I forwarded his daily newsletter to many of you on my list...they had the opportunity to stop over in India & now headed to Vancouver area to grouse around their cabin hide-a-way for a bit before returning home to CT. He just recently covered short wheat which he'd been rolling forward for about 18 months.

A bottom line person...he is not really worried about the bubble talk over there...just sees an immense increase in daily food demand in both China & India & recommends any doubters to visit and see for themselves...does not want to be short any of the grains or oilseeds....feels we will witness some real buy opportunities in the next month or so. Especially soybeans. Just his opinion, although highly qualified.

Am crunching lots of data....if temps rise a bit more may take a break and work the can route for a few hours--cold cans are a real challenge for an old person sensitive to temperatures. Hopefully I will get new crop ideas prepared and in the email by early Monday...I note the below list of names.

We are entering the few weeks of the season whereby it is sometimes more sensible to order a few dvd's from Amazon, get some African coffee beans, turn down the lights suck up caffeine and shut off the quote machine. Harass the neighbors, the wife, children--transference of stress. But, less nerve wracking than watching markets.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)