AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag leader liquid control module rate not working
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/22/2023 08:10 (#10492049 - in reply to #10491875)
Subject: RE: Ag leader liquid control module rate not working

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
SDfarmer44 - 11/22/2023 06:23

This is exactly what it was, was on the phone the other day with ag leader and he asked if it said anything on screen and i told him it said something like operating at minimum flow, I did not even know this was a setting and thought it would say that anytime it was over applying due to going slow. well sure enough he told me to look where the rates were set and there was a min flow set, so i put that to 0 and it worked as expected. wish i saw this reply before I called, Made me feel silly!

That would certainly explain your problem. My suggestion of starting over with a new from scratch configuration would have done the same although setting the minimum flow to zero or a lower value would be easier.

Don't forget about the minimum flow rate setting as it can be very useful. It is often used with a sprayer to prevent tip checkoff when it is temporarily necessary to drive slower than normal around utility poles, waterways etc. This does result in over application which you would see on the screen (you already experienced that but didn't know why) which is generally more desirable than having the tips check off completely or produce a poor pattern.

We use the minimum flow with our Hagie. Most of the time it doesn't come into play but it is there.

We also use a liquid module on our planter for pre emerge sprays at planting time. We use a minimum flow rate there so that we get good coverage (somewhat over application) when the planter starts out slowly. This insures that we get application right away even when the speed is slower than usual. Once the planter is back up to a more normal speed, the minimum flow rate is exceeded and the system controls the rate as usual.

Some controllers also have a "delay to automatic" feature which can be useful in certain situations. The idea is that when you restart application after turning around that the system will stay at its previous setting for a bit before going into automatic operation. This can be useful with NH3 application where the system bleeds down while turning around. Without a delay to automatic, when application resumes, a rush of material passes through the flow meter which results in an indicated over applications and the control system reduces the flow inappropriately. Then a few seconds later, the system is fully charged and the flow is too low causing the control system to open back up some more. The "delay to automatic" feature can inform the system to just "wait a bit before going into automatic". With my Raven 440 systems, I used a delay of around 5 seconds with NH3. This delay was not necessary with a sprayer since the tip checks prevented the system from draining down while turning around.

Edited by tedbear 11/22/2023 08:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)