AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ford/New Holland Genesis tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

centralmnangus
Posted 11/21/2023 21:48 (#10491656 - in reply to #10490326)
Subject: RE: Ford/New Holland Genesis tractor

Ft. Ripley MN
For one of those tractors 10,000 hours can just be getting broke in… it all comes down to its previous life and maintenance just like every machine you will buy. On the flip side it does have 10,000 hours so it could just be the luck of the draw if something were to happen.

Plenty of past threads the 70 series genesis will go 20-30,000 hours if maintained.

Just rolled 6000 hours on the 8670 we have. Don’t plan on it ever leaving and definitely will be getting another 8670 if not another larger brother to it.

I can’t remember anymore but there is an aftermarket guy in Wisconsin that works on the dash’s/can get you a new one. That seemed like the biggest oddball problem to arise. Did have ours at the dealer for a wire harness mishap from the previous owner other than that in the almost 2000 hours we have had it it’s been just oil and filters. If I had to say one thing I don’t like about it is the 18-19 mph road speed otherwise that is one of the nicer tractors I have driven and I’ve been in a few….

I should add, this tractor replaced a ford 8830… it would eat that 8830’s lunch and then some. It’s a better tractor in everyway and i feel confident in saying it uses a 1/3 of the fuel then the 8830

Edited by centralmnangus 11/21/2023 21:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)