AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Basic guidance systems, and Amazon/Ebay systems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

W Bench Farms
Posted 11/21/2023 12:04 (#10490901)
Subject: Basic guidance systems, and Amazon/Ebay systems

Lisbon, OH
Revisiting adding a guidance system in 2024. Mainly for planting and spraying. Planting 8 row, and harvesting with a 6 row and 4 row head in corn, so would like to be close on my guess rows. I don't need mm accuracy, but would like better than 6". Probably not going with autosteer right now, unless I can put together something pretty reasonable. I'm running older tractors. Will have around 80 acres in corn this year. I know exactly 0 about guidance systems, so I need to do some more homework on what works with what. A light bar would not be out of the question, as long as it can do curved lines as well. Lots of small irregular fields, so straight lines are sometimes a luxury.

I have seen some guidance systems on Amazon and Ebay. I would imagine that support is not very good, but wondering if anyone has any experience. I'm open to any options.

Not looking to go all out. Have never used guidance, so just looking to get my feet wet, and see if it's something that is going to help make things easier at harvest time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)