AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere 700
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

puff33m
Posted 11/20/2023 14:33 (#10489705 - in reply to #10488995)
Subject: RE: Deere 700

N FLA
Wow. Thank you. Everything grain related seems to travel from that area. If I bring a roller mill, I see they are mostly in Iowa for sale. I will sure have that in mind. My niche has been clean bagged deer corn. There must be thousands of these spinner feeders in these counties around here. My employer has a great location and warehouse to facilitate sales. have always cleaned the corn and just had 7 or 8 tons of clean out and feed my cattle.

Because of the need to clean 150k bushels of corn at work I was left with 100 tons of more of clean out. I just marketed it on marketplace and seems to be deer, pigs, and cattle feeding. This area is exploding with people too big to feed 50 pound bagls and too small for a truckload. I have a hunch any product we put in a 1000 pound sack I can sell at a 30% markup.

I remember the first semi load of corn I had bagged. I thought I'd never be able to sell all that. Today, I feel like anything we can put in a bag I could sell. The feed mill and feed stores are just banging out too much markup over the commodity price. I feel like there is a lot of profit in the middle for selling a commodity.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)