AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So are paradymes going to be toast in the next 6 to 18 months?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 11/15/2023 10:51 (#10482920 - in reply to #10482879)
Subject: RE: So are paradymes going to be toast in the next 6 to 18 months?

Jeffersonville, OH
Pat H - 11/15/2023 10:55

I really like the stability of the paradymes and wouldn't mind using for another 10 years. I'm using waas/autosteer on a hagie sprayer and it's been great. The only issue I have is a steering sensor once in a while. The MX305 on paradyme using digifarm rtk works perfectly (I think I had a 10 minute drop out in 2 years). I have 2 more paradymes that were going on an stx325 and possibly a 7088 combine. Now it looks like "all is lost".

What I have now:
MX305 - paradyme (digifarm), integra, SAM, CNH steer kit (valve, steering sensor), 20/20 for planter
Hagie STS12 (non CAN) - paradyme integra, SAM, novariant steering valve kit, LC module, Aux module
7088 - pro 600, 162(?) antenna not steer ready, 20/20 yield monitor
STX325 - paradyme, ECU4, CNH steer kit (valve, steering sensor), compass or versa

If the paradyme goes away, it leaves a hole in my set up. Does the 6500/steer command replace the paradyme/sam directly (w/harness changes I assume)?

thanks

Paradyme has been end of life since 2014ish, but it still works. The only thing going away possibly is repair parts

So, where is all lost?

AS far as replacing the paradyme's with 6500/SteerCommand, yes, it's a pretty simple swap depending on what exactly you have. We run a Versatile with a Trimble valve, and the Paradyme died and we swapped a SC right into it...but our Paradyme was new enough to have a ECU4, so the harness was the same. I have a literal pallet of Paradyme harness and parts if you are scared, I'll make you a deal on them.

Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)