AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A Real Simple View
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinoisfan
Posted 1/28/2010 22:44 (#1046925 - in reply to #1046070)
Subject: RE: A Real Simple View

I would have to guess that this thread has ties to last night's speech. Other countries probably view us as a joke after watching the actions of the audience. I, as a typical supporter of the right wing, was embarrassed for both sides. I think it was wrong for Obama to take the cheap shots at the Republicans, I think it was wrong for the Republicans to mock certain parts of the speech, and I think it was wrong for the Democrats to snicker and whisper in each other's ears like a bunch of high school kids. The whole thing displayed the state that this nation is in... DISARRAY.

I completely agree with S.C. in regards to politics being a suicide mission at this juncture. We are in a mess, and the only way to get out of it is to quit spending. The stimulus plan didn't work. I still have many friends in the trades who are out of work. Bush's tax refunds didn't work. Let's be honest... what can $600 - $1800 do this day in age. Delay a foreclosure for a month? Make a couple of car payments? Laughable. Why bail out greedy financial institutions? I say let the strong survive. I had a neighbor tell me the other day that he is making more money on unemployment than he was while working. How can this happen?

Both parties have made huge mistakes, and I don't see it getting better. For those thinking that we might re-test the March lows in the S & P, I am tending to agree. Money will seek safety, and all we can do is hope that agricultural commodities are part of this. This is a sad point in American History.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)