AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Valley - "precision ag" bubble bursting?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 11/1/2023 12:01 (#10465213 - in reply to #10464871)
Subject: RE: Valley - "precision ag" bubble bursting?

East Central, Nebraska
back in the day agsense was the only notable game in town and that is not the case anymore. i have been with them for numerous years, 15 i suppose and now thay have some competition that does what they do pretty well. i dont think i would be without a monitoring sytem ever again but im not sure i would pick them if i was starting out looking for a solution. their pricing makes no sense to me. you can still buy a field commander for $1095 and an icon panel that does all the things the field commander does but maybe slightly better start at $4000-5000. i don't know why anyone would buy the icon. i put one on an old zimmatic and like it as i rarely go to the box anymore but after it was installed i am certain it was upwards of $5k. i can install a field commander in about 20 minutes at just over $1000.

i don't think i would characterize a pivot monitor as precision ag but i would agree that the bubble popped in the pivot monitoring industry, their is only a finite amount of pivots in existence and their competitors are claiming their market share. haven't really ever been a fan of fieldnet by lindsey but their system will do everything the icon does for about 60% of the cost. their must be money in monitoring for the dealer because i have called a local dealer multiple times about a new system and the conversation always sways to me switching to their monitors and we never accomplish anything in regards to getting a bid on the new system. i have since quit calling that dealer as it seem to be the only thing they want to talk about.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)