AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A Real Simple View
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 1/28/2010 18:59 (#1046402 - in reply to #1046352)
Subject: Re: A Real Simple View

cropsey, il 61731
Payments are going down (more so for the acre enrolled farms) and it would be good timing to reduce the payments steadly while prices are still pretty reasonable ($1 above support). Perhaps some that bid the gross income for cash rent would be ticked off, but it's about time we got away from gov't programs while we can.

On the flip side I thought the powers that be actually had a plan to keep food cheap so we as a country had more disposible income - we all stayed in business and the country generally prospered. I know many think they should become rich selling a commodity and sometimes it can happen, but like with oil you can go broke pretty quick also ($20/bbl oil didn't pay out many bonuses and it was around for quite a while). The smoothing/stabilizing force of the gov't (it was the ascs before it was fsa), kept a lot of us going in the 80's but certainly guaranteed no one got rich. As a country we'll pay too much for oil and put up with it, but I don't think the same can be said for food. I don't know if it's a good idea or bad, but it looked like a plan that more or less worked for quite a while even if it was goofy.

Thanks,

Pat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)