AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SeniorCitizen
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 1/27/2010 18:40 (#1044485 - in reply to #1044396)
Subject: Re: SeniorCitizen

No salaried jobs for a little more than 40 years. Grew up on farm. Farm work. Construction as a teenager....then grain business for a few years, then export business with one of the big international houses. Been independent ever since.

I have an aversion to large corporations. I have been a partner in two brokerage firms...will not take orders from others and do not like meetings. Twenty-five years ago, or more, in May, I was sitting in a Wall Street office with a board of directors sipping tea out of fine china & they offered me $500K as a sign on bonus...plus a fancy salary (I was stealing their international clients, they didn't know how to do business)--I ate their food, drank their booze...said no thanks..I was making that much every month ..why would I want to hang out in Manhattan & socialize with a bunch of Eastern in-bred suits? I knew they were headed for a merger, which did happen a year later.

My personality has calmed considerably. When I am right in the markets I can be insufferable to be around (sez spouse)--I like the top of the mountain. When wrong, and a FLAME OUT, (am no stranger to the Big Flame Out) the spouse sez I am still insufferable, but quieter. I offend a lot of folks as I do not hesitate in to express an honest opinion WHEN ASKED - I lead a quiet life with a few quote screens, computers & two dogs. I am a dog person. Am suspicous of people who like cats. Get out in the daylight occasionally with the spouse. I have a couple of friends – a former owner of a company & a retired hedge fund manager....& don't see them very often...I am a loner.

I am unemployable & have been for a long time....children have been unusually nice lately & suspect they might encourage me to go to the Happy Time Old Folks Home....not quite ready for that either as I plan yet to take a long trip on the cycle (is what they are scared of) & then get a car wash job. I am suited for a car wash as no one has to tell you how to wash cars. I know how. Wash cars until I am forced into diapers and dribble bibs.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)