AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Got our feed bagging system going (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

WTW
Posted 9/23/2023 17:00 (#10413280 - in reply to #10410539)
Subject: RE: Got our feed bagging system going (pics)

Winkler, Manitoba Canada
oakridge - 9/21/2023 15:12

Until yesterday any bagged feed was bagged by hand. A huge step towards efficiency was made this week and just in time as I'm picking up new customers all the time as word has begun to spread. I have very limited space but I'm making the best of it.

You can find the video here: https://fb.watch/ncqVLJH3Mi/?mibextid=Nif5oz

Lots of ambition and a plan. Hope you can find help for bagging!

We have done a fair amount of bagging in the past. Just had a manual scale with a stand on it to hold the bag. Used a Fischbein manual bag sewer similar to what you have. We hung ours from a swinging rail on a bungee cord so we could sew the bag as soon as we took it off the bag holder with out bending over. When not being used the bag sewer just hung there at about the height for using and could be swung out of the way. Worked reasonably well. After sewing the bag it was stacked direct onto the pallet. One motivated guy could keep up with the cleaners. Might want to add a pallet or two under the scale to drop the bag on....lifting bags gets old after awhile....so adding a bit of platform height made handling bags easier....we were bagging 100 lbs net though in poly tube bags. Six rows of 4 with one in the middle per pallet...2500 lbs....which was all our forklift could deal with.

Edited by WTW 9/23/2023 17:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)