AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

USDA Dec 1 STOCKS 10.934 Billion Bushels.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Pofarmer
Posted 1/17/2010 13:34 (#1026789 - in reply to #1026690)
Subject: Re: USDA Dec 1 STOCKS 10.934 Billion Bushels.

Ethanol production has created STABLE prices????? Are you kidding?

Go ahead and look at Brazil. Look at their landmass vs population. Look at their cars/population. Look at their miles driven/car. Look at their cost of fuel. Look at their economy. Now, tell me if you want to live like they do in Brazil. Because, that's what you are advocating. Do I take it you want an expensive corn/imported food policy for America? Because, that certainly seems to be where we'll head. Would you rather import your food or your fuel?

Jon keeps talking about the next great thing in Ethanol-Cellulosic, garbage, whatever. Realize, that when that happens, there will probably be a massive dislocation in corn based ethanol. So, you might want to stop sensationalizing this issue, and think about it rationally for a minute. And, in the scheme of things, replacing 2 or 5% of our gasoline usage with Ethanol doesn't have any impact whatsoever on how much money the terrorists make. Our current recession has had a much more profound effect than that amount. I remember the discussions in MO when we were starting our first E-plants. There wasn't any talk about replacing foreign oil. The talk was propping up corn prices in a time of $1.80 corn, and how we were going to get people to use it.

I also see you haven't responded to my question up thread. If you are O.K. with mandated E usage, are you O.K. with mandated health care? Maybe it should be mandated that you drive and American made car, use American made appliances?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)