AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gas or electric ranges
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Hedge tree
Posted 1/16/2010 19:49 (#1025787 - in reply to #1024974)
Subject: RE: Consider a Summer Kitchen.

Central Kansas
Good plan Billy boy. Nana and I have a Bosch smooth top slide in (no back part, controls on front) with a down draft exhaust. Great range, heat is fast, oven is good with convection option and easy clean up. For frying (pan and deep fryer), we much prefer our outdoor range...propane fired high BTU burners (3) built into a roll around unit on the back covered porch just off the kitchen ( I made it using a Cabelas burner set). Fry fish, potatoes, blackened red fish, quail this evening that my setters and I found today, etc. without the smoke, splatter, smell and clean-up. We also use this or a portable fish cooker burner to can. Generally set this at waist level in the back of my Ranger pickup with the garage door open (attached garage, just off the kitchen)....can water bath style or pressure cooker without heating up the house and making a mess. This, coupled with my outdoor shower plumbed with hot/cold water through the crawl space and attached sink, we are doing just what you say. The outdoor shower is the best thing since running water for a hay guy with open station tractors. Get with it Bill. Can use this year round here in Central Ks....well...not with a blizzard. Roll it to the garage then (the portable gas stove, not the shower).

Old timers moved the cook stove to the wash house in summer months. So.....Mr. Bill....you are on to something here and I have been doing it for years. Good idea.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)