AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gas or electric ranges
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 1/15/2010 09:44 (#1023607 - in reply to #1023537)
Subject: RE: Gas or electric ranges

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

As with everything else in a kitchen, it's personal preference.  I learned to cook on gas, as a kid at home.   From the time we got married, every place we lived early on had electric, so I had to adjust.  When we built our home in '74, the electric company had huge discounts available for going all electric, so we did.  And I always said that I would live long enough to have a gas stove.   Finally after 32 years of marriage, I got my gas cooktop and absolutely love it.   As noted, the temp control is easier to manage.  For one thing, if the potatoes start to boil over, a quick twist of the knob is all it takes to make it stop....don't have to slide them off the burner etc.   I did can with my smooth-top electric range some years ago.  That didn't do the cooktop any favors....ruined one burner and those were not easily replaced.

I have friends who wouldn't ever switch away from their smooth electric cooktop.  One has the induction type and swears by it.  But they're not talking me out of my gas cooktop either!!  :)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)