AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Market matters....where to now?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 1/14/2010 14:10 (#1022242 - in reply to #1022220)
Subject: RE: Market matters....where to now?

1) Dow.. maybe.. still I'm in the camp that although we've been through a very rough patch.. it's behind us and the sun is going to come out again.. I agree there will be up's and downs.. on the continued road to recovery.

2) Dollar.. sometimes "bad" beats "worse" so it depends upon with whom you are comparing... I'm a Chiefs fan... trust me on this one.. afterall we did beat Denver... ;-)

3) Commodities... if we are going to recover.. we are going to need the raw resources... I may have been a little "trigger happy" on the inflation play of commodities with all the QE... et all... read some good articles on the slack in the economy.. and that we can put people back to work much cheaper at... whatever unemployment rate we have now vs a more fully employed economy..

The Country is hungry to go back to work.. not neccessarily a recipe for rising prices... Flip side... there's only so much Crude and or Corn... Ks raised 600 mln bushels of corn... which will feed the corn processing plants at Decatur, Cedar Rapids, Eddyville and possibly Colombus for a year... lol... that's a bitchin amount of corn processed in a day... transportation might be a trick.. put me down for the closest one... lol. One state's record production to feed four sites... wow.

4) yup... after they hit bottom.. you know which direction is next.

I don't have it all figured out either... guess I better not quite the day job then.

Edited by JonSCKs 1/14/2010 14:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)