AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Has USDA ever called you and asked what your yields were?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/14/2010 12:20 (#1022112 - in reply to #1021606)
Subject: I give the same answer that John Deere does

Pittsburg, Kansas

My standard answer for the last umpteen years concerning any type of survey for information is "our corporate policy is we do not release production information".

I learned that many, many years ago when touring a John Deere factory (back in the days that 4020's were built) and asking how many units they produced a day. After hearing the answer I thought about it and it made sense to me that they not release their production figures to every Tom, Dick and Harry and competitor. Didn't make sense for me to give that information away either. 

If it is not required by law, I don't release it. Makes life a lot simpler too because after a while, they all quit asking.

Another life simplifier I have found helpful a few years ago is to have our home phone number actually located in our office answered by an answering machine. For anyone I want to actually contact me they have my cell number. The "listed" number goes to the answering machine that someone (not me) checks once a day. Gets rid of a lot of solicitors and suppertime surveyors.

John

Edited by John Burns 1/14/2010 12:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)