AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DID NOT INTEND TO START WWIII
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 1/14/2010 11:55 (#1022079)
Subject: DID NOT INTEND TO START WWIII

I caught the open & took an hour nap. senior citizen cat nap..this nearly round the clock trading is not easy for old people. I note a lot of folks added to the string.

I do understand and in some cases agree with a general mistrust of government; in fact, I trust little output from government; but, several divisions of USDA were/are operated by ex-farm boys ....and it shows. A different attitude. You don't go to work for USDA if you life's goal is to live recklessly and make (or lose) a bunch of money...like commodity traders.

Here is a suggestion.

At the end of each USDA report are the footnotes which include the telephone number of the folks involved.

Call them, ask questions. They are all up front & will answer to the extent of their knowledge. They are there to serve.

I will say, just as with most government types, most do not regard speculators highly...as most other folks.

Most of us on this forum live and breathe prices and the effects of reports. 99.5% of the rest of the world does not understand much about this part of agriculture and most do not care, including a lot of businessmen. It can be complex and most people do not understand how markets operate, including a large number of economists.

As I have time I will post the balance of the exports.

http://www.perspicuousrisk.com
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)