AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

One More Time
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

djmcountryboy
Posted 1/14/2010 03:53 (#1021694 - in reply to #1021684)
Subject: RE: One More Time

Mascoutah, Illinois
S.C., with the utmost respect I understand what you are saying about the USDA. However, in this day and age, there is so much drivel coming from our government it is hard to decipher fact from fiction. (I was reading your post in the Boiler Room about today's bank hearings in D.C.) When you have lost the faith of the leaders who serve you, you are going to question every process and peer through every window looking for the "skeleton in the closet." The regulation process has failed numerous times even with the passing of Sarbanes-Oxley. In the past two plus years, we have gone through insider trading scams, "cooked financials from companies," ponzi schemes, a banking crisis, a housing meltdown, and quite possibly now a redistribution of wealth. The game at times does feel rigged especially with the expansion of the Fed Balance Sheet, the purchase of mortgage backed securities, credit default swaps and derivatives, along with other intricate tools our government and institutions are using instead of letting the "free markets" work like they were intended to do. Had you invested along side of the United States Government in all of their endeavors in the past couple of years, you would have done quite well. When you see the government speculating in markets, you have to ask yourself if the game is rigged? I myself wonder at times if this carries over from the stock market into other markets. I am not educated enough to make that assertion, but I am educated enough to question it. In my humblest opinion sir, it is the faith we have lost in our leaders which has lead most of us to believe nothing appears what it seems. The stench has become overwhelming at times and until the air is cleared that lingering smell just won't go away.

Edited by djmcountryboy 1/14/2010 04:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)