AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is it better to trade in or buy outright and sell your old one?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IowaCenturyFarm
Posted 3/24/2023 09:02 (#10155346 - in reply to #10155093)
Subject: RE: Is it better to trade in or buy outright and sell your old one?

AgTalk has proven system for machinery trading. Here is how it works.

Step 1: Pick the highest priced comparable unit you can find on TractorHouse, then ask $1000 more than that because your tractor is special and "has always been shedded."

Step 2: Post a big rant about lowballers when someone tries to negotiate, since you can't take a trade-in or offer warranty. "Don't they realize it's field ready?!?!?!?!"

Step 3: Take the offer, but tell your buddies it brought full asking.

Step 4: Find the cheapest auction result from 2017 for the model you are trying to buy, then offer that much for the nice local trade at your dealer. Make sure to ask for warranty.

Step 5: Post rant about "stealerships" after they laugh you out of their office. "But I don't have a trade-in and I bought $132 worth of filters there last year, this is BS!"

Step 6: Find the same tractor on Craigslist for $50k less. Mail $5000 of prepaid Visa cards to Nigeria as down payment. The seller is on a mission trip there and will let his hired man know to deliver the tractor after he receives the gift cards.

Step 7: Go back to the local dealer and buy their tractor after you sober up and realize you got scammed.

Step 8: Lie to your buddies about how good of a deal you got. "I can't believe you just trade your stuff in like a sucker, LOL!"
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)