AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kuhn round balers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Tractorman3588
Posted 3/16/2023 08:50 (#10142619 - in reply to #10141663)
Subject: RE: Kuhn round balers

Wisconsin
I have an older VB 2160. I have 11K hard bales through it. I do custom with it, and have seen the typical custom issues (rocks, ect). I have had to do the occasional chain, I had a main drive roller bust apart, and stripped the splines on both shafts coming off the gearbox. No local dealers seemed to have any stock of much, but Broadhead in southern WI had it, and would allow pick ups late if needed.

We had some growing pains with it, such as learning what works for maximum capacity. I run the bales as tight as I can. We were ending up with over 2100 pound 4x5 bales when baling wet bales. These weren't crazy on moisture either, there was just that much feed in it.

Overall, I think they're good balers. They've been improving constantly. The new roller I bought seemed to have double the weight to it, so they were learning from the problem areas. I liked having ISOBUS, so we could stick any number of free tractors on to run. They now have 1000 RPM available, which would be great. All that said, I would I be curious to shop it against the new Deere cutter baler (which has a factory accumulator) and the new Pro baler from New Holland, which has a heavy, American spec driveline.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)