AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Here we go
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

msb
Posted 1/10/2010 00:15 (#1014082 - in reply to #1013942)
Subject: Re: Here we go

Lapel, In
You won't get any argument from me about the benefit of a tax cut, but a severe cut in spending would have done even more good. Unfortunately a good number of people don't pay any taxes now and that is why I believe spending cuts would have been more beneficial.

If the stimulus had gone to those in real need it would have been spent. Even those who were current on their mortgages,with a little counciling included in the package, it could have gone to pay down some of those high interest credit card debts. That would have been sharing the wealth that Obama is so set on doing, but I though the stimulus was a bad idea from the get go.

Its all hind sight now, we have got to figure out how to save the economy now from a total crash, but I don't think that is possible now.When one looks at the last 60 or 70 years, it looks as if someone was intentionally set on breaking the country and if that is so, they are about to succeed.

Look at oil consumption alone. First of all, we did practically nothing to conserve or limit energy use.There were tons of things we could have done it that regard. Then we spent billions and billions of dollars on importing oil, all the while outlawing the use of the very oil we had all the time. We now own more oil than any other country in the world, some say. And now what good will it do us? Coal is another resourse we could have been using. So we needed to add a few scrubbers to some smoke stacks. Big deal.Its a very simple process. Atomic energy, the same. Then we taxed industry so heavily,it left for greener pastures and we made the enemy out of corporations--made corporations and big business a dirty name in America while giving unions a free ride----all for political gain OR was it for another reason? Have the libs for decades, been played for fools ? I could continue, but had better stop now before I make a total fool of myself.

Edited by msb 1/10/2010 00:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)