AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gold chart
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/9/2010 22:33 (#1013906 - in reply to #1013694)
Subject: Re: Gold chart

Pittsburg, Kansas

One of his comments that come to mind right off is his explanation of inflation/deflation. I like his explanation that we are experiencing both at the same time, depending on what part of the economy you are talking about, and that currently they are somewhat balancing each other out. The deflating parts of the economy are currently about equal to the inflating ones. That makes sense to me since the housing and commercial real estate are certainly still in deflation but we still are seeing inflationary pressures on oil, food and other items.

I also thought it interesting that the inevitable monetary meltdown could end up being hyper inflation or outright default, depending on whether the powers that be try to defend the currency at some point or make no attempt. Also the meltdown could be near at hand or quite a few years down the road, depending on how successful they are at getting someone to continue to buy the debt. 

I also thought it was a very informative and well thought out interview. Not a lot of hype or scare tactics, just well thought out facts and observations.

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)