AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hey MSB, do you have anymore stories on Eugene Smith?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 1/6/2010 17:41 (#1006724 - in reply to #1006299)
Subject: Re 1923 Gleaner

Saronville NE
I understand where you are coming from but not all guys who lost everything in the 80s were high rollers and I find your comments offensive. I know of guys who were not farming out of there league and did a good job of farming and taking care of business. But after 3 yrs of either hail, or drought, and all there grain grown was put into livestock so then go buy all your feed and livestock prices were in the tank, how is that there fault? Besides dealing with the high intrest rates at the time. And yes when they sold out they had enuff money off the sale to pay off all the local business and the only one who didnt get there money was FHA, and they are the ones who talked this particular farmer out of selling one piece of ground early on in the crisis even though it woulda been at a loss, woulda been enuff to keep this person afloat and this person would still be farming, so in that case I say F Fha. So is it still wrong that they had to take bankruptcy? Not everybody that went down in the 80s was a Tiger.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)