AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

High carb pie, sorry John...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/23/2023 05:37 (#10054362 - in reply to #10054239)
Subject: RE: carb consumption or more important frequency, and metabolic health

Pittsburg, Kansas
Looks good!

Seriously, if a person is healthy enough to eat like that (I'm not), it is better to have it at one setting then have a number of hours between before any more carbs are consumed.

It is the constant eating/snacking and the sugary drinks sipped on all day that get people into metabolic trouble and insulin resistance. Once insulin resistant for a number of years a person is kind of screwed. If they could avoid getting insulin resistant in the beginning, the rest of their life would be much easier to manage weight and carb wise.

Even if a person is insulin resistant, it can be reversed if it has not went on too long. I have reversed mine to a great degree and now if once in a while I have something like pictured my sugar will still spike beyond where it should be, but fairly shortly it will come back down to closer to normal. That is telling me my pancreas is once again responding more like it should. That and my fasting insulin test is in the single digits. But I went so many years with insulin resistance I likely have beta cell damage that will never fully recover. So I will probably always have to remain on a low carb diet.

But people that are not as old or have not abused their pancrease for so many years can likely get full recovery just by managing their food consumption habits a little better. Don't snack (and if you do or just have to, make it a meat stick or something without sugar/carbs in it so it does not spike insulin), eat only at meals and probably most of all don't sip on sweet tea or soda pop or other sugary drinks all day long. If a person is going to consume sugar, consume it and get it over with, then the pancrease and the cells that are affected by insulin get a chance to rest before the next time they are called to task.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)