AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mark Gold
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

beh
Posted 1/5/2010 19:00 (#1004864 - in reply to #1004426)
Subject: Re: Mark Gold

Heil Harvesting, Ulysses KS/Limon CO
Well it really depends on what you want--

If you want to handle the basis end of things on your own AND understand what you need to do in the futures market to get the result desired--Roach is very good. Their technical take on the markets are very good. I think Brock is good as well--though I have no personal experience. Any of the more traditional brokerage firms you can work with you on this--though it really depends on your level of comfort and experience.

If you are looking for a ground up marketing plan--Paragon is the one I recommend. Strongly. Their advisory program is very thorough. They track basis, analyze cash flows for times cash is needed (ie not making a sale JUST because cash is needed), work with you on your insurance, apply protection for flex leases, help make both cash and basis sales, pool grain from producers to improve bids, buy grain for their end users (in a way that is advantageous to both the producer and user) (licensed and bonded as a merchandiser), you work one on one with your personal adviser, meet you on farm, etc. You choose what you need. These GUYS work to control option premiums.

AgWest has a similar program though it is not as in depth.

I did work at Paragon, chose them because I thought they were the best when I was looking for jobs. Still feel that way, but other dreams and ambitions (as well as health problems) persuaded to move me in another direction. If you want to speculate they are not your crew. If you want to market they are hard to beat. I had 4 customers on my advisory book when I left that had come from Gold. The most common complaints were: He trades to much and we paid way too much in option premium.

Couple guys here that were advisory with Paragon--now working with Eric--if they read this they may chime in and tell you what they think...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)