AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Meat based diet - John Burns or others
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/16/2023 16:22 (#10043285 - in reply to #10043188)
Subject: RE: Meat based diet - John Burns or others

Pittsburg, Kansas
They definitely are low carb. But generally all the food is sourced from animal based sources. No plants.

Some are very strict. Some use a few things that are not animal based like spices and maybe coffee. Carnivorish is another popular term that denotes the majority of the meal is carnivore but they may have occasional plant based foods, but very minimal.

My wife feels best the more she sticks to animal based products. I would call her carnivorish, for the last year or maybe 18 months. She still uses some vegetables, like maybe some grilled onions on her steak or hamburger steak. Olives and sometimes pickles for variety. That is about it. Oh she did put some cabbage in a dish this week. But I would say 95% of her diet comes from animal sources.

I eat just what she eats normally, so a lot of the time I am also at about 95%. But I will diverge more than her. For example at one place I order a double Birdy Burger. Two one third pound patties, bacon, double cheese and a fried egg on top. We both order it without bun. It comes with tomatoe and lettuce and onion and pickles. I will eat all that or maybe give her part of my whole slice of onion. I will eat her tomatoe and lettuce. I will also order a side of cottage cheese and she will not (mostly because she doesn't eat quite as much).

For supper we will have a steak or hamburger steak (or pork chop or rarely chicken). Maybe some grilled onions. Pickles and olives will be on the table. Maybe some chaffles. If we eat out I might have a salad if there are no better low carb choices. Green beans or brocolii for a side if they have it. Lots of places we just no longer eat at because they have no good choices for low carb sides. Oh! Forgot bacon and eggs. One or both are our at home "side dishes" and take the place of vegetables. We eat lots of both.

Always a low carb desert when at home or down here in Bonaire. It might have a few berries on top but otherwise made of dairy products and maybe some 85% shaved chocolate.

So we are not strict carnivore. But about 95% of the way there most of the time. Friends are preparing dinner for us tonight and they are not low carb or keto. So we may fudge just a little, but not much. Maybe a bite of something to not be rude. We will see. This couple watched me start the diet 4 years ago March 1 and saw me lose 100# and get off all my medicine. He is a doctor from Copenhagen. Will be interesting what they serve us. They are setting the table now. Later...................

Edited by John Burns 1/16/2023 16:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)