AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hey MSB, do you have anymore stories on Eugene Smith?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

msb
Posted 1/5/2010 11:01 (#1004121 - in reply to #1003983)
Subject: Re: Hey MSB, do you have anymore stories on Eugene Smith?

Lapel, In
Eugene was a hero to only a very few,I suppose ,but I was not one of his fans, believe me. He once made a statement to my boss to the effect that he wished corn would drop to (I forget now,but it was very low) so people would get out of his way.It was only by chance that he did not move into my territory as he seriously did consider it at one time. Eugene was not a model to follow as he sometimes inadvertantly stepped on several people and businesses alike due to his bankruptcys. It was not his goal to break anyone, but it happened,never the less. He just wanted them out of his way. But the one good lesson of his life for us all is he kept getting back up after he got knocked down when most of us would have accepted defeat. One could not help but to marvel at his drive and determination to excell and succeed even if one didn't agree with his methods. Yet I could not help but feel he was a very weary warrior the last time I spoke with him. I could see it in his eyes and hear it in his conversation. It would have been very interesting to see what he had done with the rest of his life, had he lived. My quess is that he would have walked away from it all, a very disillusioned man as I think he would have come to the conclusion that there was no victory in what he did.As I have discovered, there is only victory when we get behind the other guy and push him up the hill of life.

Edited by msb 1/5/2010 11:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)