AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hey MSB, do you have anymore stories on Eugene Smith?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Young Farmer 09
Posted 1/5/2010 01:25 (#1003686 - in reply to #1003625)
Subject: A little about me MSB

Belzoni, Mississippi
Your right MSB, helping one another is the most important thing a person can do, especially in agriculture. Networking has helped spread the ideas of farmers from the East coast to the West coast. Iam very appreciative for the inventors of Agtalk. It has sure helped me out a lot this year. Well a little on me. Iam a third generation farmer. I started farming when I was 10 years old with a half an acre. I cut 4 bushels off those four acres with an old John Deere 95 combine. I went on after high school to Mississippi State University and earned a degree in Agbusiness in 2008. I left MSU and worked with my dad full time for a year and in 09 i went on my own. I had been waiting on that day since i was 10 years old. I scraped up 1200 acres. In a way I was like Mr. Smith because I offered a bit more rent for my land. Not because i wanted to outbid people, but because I wanted my landlords to know that I understood that they held the key to my livelihood. Like in business, they had a product and I had a need. I see many people around here abuse landowners with there property. After college I married my girlfriend of 4 years and we had son in 2008. My dream is for him to carry on and become a fourth generation farmer. I like to solve problems and i invite challenges. This year instead of buying an expensive vacuum planter to plant, I put a 7100 and a 7300 plate planter together. It was made up of halve and halve of the planter units. I had 14 units on it set up on 20 inch rows. But thats about all there is about me. I feel proud to be following in my fathers and grandfathers footsteps.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)