AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Family pets and heartache.......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jon S
Posted 1/4/2010 19:18 (#1002692)
Subject: Family pets and heartache.......

I just got finished burying one of the family dogs that ran out in our busy road and got hit. The driver did not stop. Lori brought her to me at about 1600 today and I promptly took wounded Dixie to the vet but after much effort their turned out to be too much internal bleeding to save. So I had to make a tough decision.

The hardest part is explaining it to children under 12 even though they are farm children that are familiar with livestock, even tougher is when you have two dogs and one child claims a dog for hers.

I'm getting to my question......So, I brought Dixie home for burial. My question is, what should be done now? Do I show the kids the deceased pet before burial? Do I show "her" companion the deceased? Or, do I just bury our pet and be done?

Well, here's what Lori and I decided: We asked our children if they wanted to see Dixie before we placed her in her final resting place. We also introduced the brother dog to the deceased. And, we reminded our kids to think of the happy times that we had with Dixie and that everything will be okay.

A lot of little tears here for a while. What is it about man's best friend?

Edited by Jon S 1/4/2010 19:20

(Puppy_pics__4-09_039a_(400_x_600).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Puppy_pics__4-09_039a_(400_x_600).jpg (57KB - 173 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)