AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Weight loss/diet help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

mjl
Posted 1/6/2023 07:14 (#10024945 - in reply to #10020757)
Subject: RE: Weight loss/diet help

MN
KS_Grasscutter - 1/4/2023 00:20

Very similar situation here. 32, 6', 250lbs. Sweat all the time. Get winded easily. I put 30 pounds or so in in the last year.

Tomorrow me and my buddy are starting 75 Hard. For the dieting portion I am doing 24 hour fasting, 3 days per week, and reducing portions the rest of the week. The rest of the program is 2 45 minute exercises per day, no alcohol, and must drink a gallon of water per day. I will try to remember to reply to this post with progress as the 75 days pass.

seems drastic, losing weight fast means you're losing muscle too, even if you are working out, if you happen to make it 75 days, what's the plan afterward? your body will be in survival mode and cravings will be high, been there done that. ended up even heavier a year after.

better off eating mainly protein and complex carbs, working out and losing the 30 pounds over 8-12 months. identify the food that made you gain the 30 pounds and cut them completely, a diet is a restriction and they do not work long term, I wish i would have known this when i was your age. I've lost the same 30-40 pounds several times in my lifetime before changing nutrition completely a few years back. I am not a low carb guy but that seems to work for some. good luck at whatever you decide. I feel better at 60 then i did at your age so never give up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)