AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Weight loss/diet help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

roush9799
Posted 1/4/2023 19:42 (#10022402 - in reply to #10018372)
Subject: RE: Weight loss/diet help

West Central IL
A couple of years ago I hit my highest weight ever. I was 6'1" and 227 lbs. My knees hurt, body aches at times. I just started diving into a lot of the videos John Burns was posting on here. It clicked in my head and made a lot of sense. At first I was still up in the air of what I should and shouldn't be eating. Now I know right away the good from the bad. I do a mixture of low carb all the way down to no carb some days with a mix of intermittent fasting where I may skip breakfast or lunch or sometimes both when I'm just sitting in a tractor all day and not using any calories. I will say at first it's hard, you don't think you can just eat a cheeseburger patty with no bread ketchup or fries. It also seems like you can skip a meal or you will die. Yes the hunger will be there but let a half an hour pass and it will be completely gone and you will be just fine, actually not in a food coma until the next meal. May find you can blow that one off too. I was really strict starting out, I got all the way down to 185. Felt great and it didn't take too long to get there. I ran into trouble when I lost my gallbladder. I couldn't fast, I couldn't just eat meat or it would upset my stomach. I think I just needed time to adjust, I went back up to about 215. I started out this past year again, not as strict as before and got back down to 190. We'll, the holidays hit and I took a break. I haven't been on a scale but I bet I'm between 205-215 now but it will get easier now that all the sweets have been ate up. I have noticed a little more body aches lately coming back also. I realized exercise doesn't do a lot. You just have to get your body into fat burning mode and not eat junk. Eating the protein and fat you will not be near as hungry and that makes intermittent fasting work a lot better. One or the other will work. To me they kinda go hand in hand as the good eating will help you make it to your next feeding without going hungry.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)