AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Weight loss/diet help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

central va farmer
Posted 1/3/2023 18:07 (#10020087 - in reply to #10018372)
Subject: RE: Weight loss/diet help

Virginia
I'm 6'6 and weighed 397 pounds 2 years ago. A1c was 9.2 and my sugar was nearly 400. It caused my vision to change. Im now around 300 ( I'm very large framed like a football player). When I was 397 I didn't look it. I was sick in 2019 with kidney issues and inactivity and medicine I was on ballooned me up to nearly 400 pounds. I used to eat fast food often and cookies etc, and Plenty of beer lol , its good for the kidneys.
Anyway I gave up all processed food and sweets, and beer. I eat the occasional hotdog but pretty much everything is fresh no prepackaged or precooked meats. Fresh vegetables and I eat 647 bread. The only processed meat I eat is costco deli ham and roast beef on sandwich for lunch. I eat deer meat at least 3-4 times a week and beef the rest. I dont care for chicken unless its fried. I eat olive oil and vinegar and butter. I count calories from meat but not vegetables. I count calories from carbs such as potatoes and rice.
I try to eat 100-150 carbs per day. The only guilty pleasure I have are chips at lunch. I lost about 70 pounds this way and limiting myself to 3000 or less calories per day. Once or twice a month ill have a cheat day just to enjoy life. My a1c is now a 5.2-5.4 and sugar is 100ish. Im off metformen 100%. Ive managed to whip my diabetes with weight loss and diet. Its slow and hard but can be done.
I noticed a few months ago I seemed to have hit a wall on weight loss. I didnt intend to start but I unintentionally started intermittent fasting. I eat lunch around 2-3 and supper 7-8ish sometimes 9. I seem to be on the 18-6 diet. I feel better and somewhat enjoy that empty feeling. I also seem to have more energy. I've lost another 20-30 pounds like this. I really like the 18-6 diet. I hope to get back to 250-275 weight. I always looked and felt my best at that size.
I didn't mean to ramble just throwing some ideas out if your interested and telling what works for me.
Good luck.
Also weigh yourself every couple weeks. If you do it daily its very discouraging.
I also wanted to add ill be 45 in 2 months. Its easier to change/loose weight when you're younger, instead of middle aged.

Edited by central va farmer 1/3/2023 20:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)