AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Weight loss/diet help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

SamsDad
Posted 1/3/2023 15:58 (#10019863 - in reply to #10018372)
Subject: RE: Weight loss/diet help

Western EC Iowa

case - 1/2/2023 19:45  Few personal goals would be Cut down or completely gone of pop More water Less fast food/eating out Not sure where I could fit exercise in

-Cut out the pop and sugar drinks 100%.
-No beer.
-Take what you eat now and cut it in half. Don't change what you eat, just eat less. If you try to change your diet cold turkey, it's going to be hard. Being hungry but eating what you want is easier, adjust what you eat later.
-Weigh yourself every day at the same time. Chart it if you need to. Remember what you ate or didn't eat yesterday. You will quickly learn what you can and cannot do/eat. The first pounds will come off fast, then taper as you get closer to your goal.
-You can fit exercise in.  We do 25 minutes 4 days a week, first thing in the morning. You don't need any equipment. Push ups, pull ups, air squats, sit ups, planks, lunges, jumping jacks, etc... You will not out exercise a bad diet, this is just a good thing to do.  We just bought a treadmill and I did 42 minutes this morning(one episode of Bosch) at about 10 degrees walking with a 25 lb vest and it was about 400 calories assuming what the treadmill told me is right. It is much, much easier to not eat the fries and drink the Pepsi.
-The only person who can make you do it is you. Having someone with you to hold you accountable is great, but if you don't want it, it isn't going to happen.
 -Good luck, no reason you can't get where you want to go.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)