AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why do people not want to go back to work?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

roush9799
Posted 1/2/2023 18:43 (#10018188 - in reply to #10017114)
Subject: RE: Why do people not want to go back to work?

West Central IL
2 problems that I see

1. Welfare is too high now. They have no struggle anymore. They need to take away the iphones and give them flip phones. Cut their heat and a/c assistance. Let it be 85 in their house in the summer and 60 in the winter. They can eat lower grade food, they don't need enough stamps to buy the filet minion and prime rib. They can still live this way but maybe it would motivate some of them to go out and work for a better life instead of not working for a better life.

2. COVID and the boomers. Many and I know some just said heck with it, I'm done, I'm retiring early or I'm not going to ride it out to retire a little later because I want to enjoy life because you never know what may come up next and wipe me out. That's a large amount of people that just up and left the workforce. Now it's the genx and millennials that are gonna have to be the work force and there's just not enough of them to go around. Especially since the family size has shrunk down so much these days. Seems like most couples have 2 or 3 kids, but their parents came from families of 5 or more.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)