AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chevy diesel pickup service engine soon light on....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tmrand
Posted 4/25/2009 00:19 (#692137)
Subject: Chevy diesel pickup service engine soon light on....

Southeast Colorado
I've got a 95 chevy pickup with a 6.5 turbo diesel. I've only owned this pickup for a couple of months but it is driving me a little crazy. I'm no expert here so bear with me. Half of the time when you start the pickup it runs fine and no service engine soon light comes on. The other half, the engine has to crank for a few seconds and then when it starts it momentarily revs up like it has air in the fuel system and then the service engine soon light comes on. Once the light has come on the pickup really lacks on power and I think it even looks like it has more blow by coming out of the engine. When the light is not on the pickup runs fine and has plenty of power. Every now and then I could be driving down the road with no light on and the engine will act like it cuts out really hard and then the service engine soon light will set and the pickup will begin to run poorly. I can't help but suspect the timing is somehow being thrown off but how in the heck can it change back and forth in an instant? Could there be an injection pump problem or what the heck? When the service engine soon light is not on this pickup runs like a dream. It only has 70k miles but obviously has issues. Any ideas?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)