AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

leaking feeder lift cylinder
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

cowhater
Posted 3/29/2009 20:52 (#661439)
Subject: leaking feeder lift cylinder

DE
got a leaking feeder lift cylinder on a 2166. Parts book says two possible seal kits. Look on cylinder for #. I've looked every where, no #. The end piece of cylinder where piston extends from is welded on with a wiper seal in end of it. Called dealer and talked to service tech ( sounded very young and not quite sure ) he said you unscrew the end piece. Told him it ain't going to happen. He called back and said you have to remove the hydraulic hose and fitting from cylinder, push piston all the way in to reveal a retaining clip. Remove clip and pull piston out. But doesn't the end part of piston have to be larger in diameter than rest of piston so piston doesn't come out end of cylinder? And isn't this larger diameter area where my faulty o-ring or seal is that is allowing oil to pass by the end of piston and then leak past the wiper seal?This is a single acting cylinder of course. My question, how do get the larger end out when the end piece of cylinder is welded on. Or am I thinking this all wrong. I just can't see how this cylinder is rebuildable other than the wiper seal that is driven into end of cylinder.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)