AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Air Compressor Installation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/1/2009 14:19 (#627555)
Subject: Air Compressor Installation

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
A while ago there was some disucssion concerning ideas about installing air lines in a shop. I received some questions about the product that I used for my install.

This hose and associated barbs were obtained from Force America in Burnsville, Mn.

This is not the cheapest route to go but does have some advantages. It is designed for air, so the safety issue should be covered. It is relatively easy to work with as the hose is cut to length with a hacksaw as you go. The hose is flexible which does require a fair amount of support brackets to avoid sagging.

The special barbs must be used. No clamps are needed nor should any be used. The hose uses the "Chinese Fingercuff" principle, where the inner webbing grips the barb more tightly as the pressure increases. I haven't had any leakage issues.

The barbs are installed by hand. I sprayed a bit of WD-40 on both the barb and hose and then pushed the hose onto the barbs. It takes a fair amount of force to push the barbs in. Grabbing the hose with both hands and pushing the barb against a solid surface worked quite well.

I also installed an air compressor valve that is controlled via a switch by the door. The idea is the red light will remind me to shut the switch off as I leave. With the switch off, the air valve on the compressor closes and the power to the air pressure switch is cutoff so the compressor can't run.

Edited by tedbear 3/1/2009 14:27

(Hose & Barbs.jpg)

(Shop Runs.jpg)

(Utility Room.jpg)

(Hose Reel.jpg)

(Air Valve Compressor Control.jpg)

(Door Switch.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Hose & Barbs.jpg (83KB - 55 downloads)
Attachments Shop Runs.jpg (37KB - 62 downloads)
Attachments Utility Room.jpg (21KB - 54 downloads)
Attachments Hose Reel.jpg (37KB - 58 downloads)
Attachments Air Valve Compressor Control.jpg (44KB - 60 downloads)
Attachments Door Switch.jpg (29KB - 60 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)